The Melancholy of Departure
I make large tapestries with motives that portray archetypal elements from landscape and architecture. The language of popular culture, Science fiction films, cartoons, computer games etc. inspires me.“The Melancholy of Departure” shows an alien world seen from within a technological structure. I want people to make their own associations about the work, not to explain the motif and what it is about. I choose the title because it says something about a precise point in time and space – a movement from one place to another – and also refers to the human emotions associated with this movement/departure.
• Solo exhibition at Kunstbanken, Hedmark Art Centre, Hamar, 2018
• World of Threads festival 2016, Canada 2016
• Solo at Trondhjems Kunstforening 2016
• Solo exhibition at Buskerud Art center 2015
• Solo exhibition at kunstplass 5, Oslo, 2013